Saturday, 16 November 2013

Cunning Plans for 2014

Very much looking forward to attending a costume design workshop led by June Gentle at the Sewell Barn Theatre next year.

It follows directly on from me finishing an advanced dressmaking course. Being self taught I find I have some surprising gaps in sewing technique sometimes, so I decided to take corrective action. Earlier this year I completed the final stage of auditions for The Great British Sewing Bee. In the end I wasn't chosen for the series but I was delighted that my seamstressing skills stood up to close scrutiny. However, there's always room for improvement, so Advanced Dressmaking it is!

The sewing course finishes just before I begin  rehearsing for Down Among The Wines And Spirits . It will be my first show at the barn, and will dovetail nicely with my work as Marie Lloyd.

Looking forward to next year already!

'Fanny LeFevre' , Madame of Dereham, May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment