Monday, 22 October 2012

Owls, GIs and a dodgy SatNav.

Oh I am so very busy! Which is, undoubtedly, a good thing.

Having just completed my degree, I decided to take on another qualification: PTLLS, which is a basic level teaching qualification. I just can't get enough of essay-writing these days.

I've just updated my 'current bookings' list and I am delighted to see that not only is the rest of 2012 well booked up but so is 2013 -and I even have a couple of bookings as far ahead as 2014.

Today I was Queen Elizabeth I  for four hours at Hingham Primary. What lovely, well-mannered, knowledgeable kids they have in Hingham! Despite my satnav being determined to take me into a small housing estate, all went well.

Last week I went to Ancient House at Thetford. I was employed there as part of a piloted event about the American GIs in WW2 in Thetford. I did a music session showing how Black American music influenced the wartime tunes we are familiar with today. Great fun. Long may it continue!


I also visited Mulbarton Infant school to do a talk to KS1 children on barn owls. I borrowed a stuffed owl from Gresenhall museum for the occasion. They did some fab drawings of it (and me) as a thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment