Thursday, 27 October 2011

Saintly Edwardian, Very Victorian, 'Witch' is it to be?

This week I spent a lovely couple of days in the Lake District, looking at all things Beatrix Potter. I didn't realise until this week that she bought up 2,500 acres of the area in order to conserve it for the National Trust after her death. A very special legacy in addition to the obvious Peter Rabbit connection. I am inspired for my next academic year's project: to develop and deliver 'Beatrix Potter' sessions; literacy, nature studies art and conservation all in one amazing lady. Should be good. And of course, I will need to make a new costume (hurrah!!) as alike to the one pictured as I can manage.

Tomorrow I'll be the 'Main Speaker' at a big WI Federation meeting in West Norfolk, as Queen Victoria. Info about the WI can be found here http://www.thewi.org.uk/  

And on Saturday I will be 'The Witch' at Gressenhall's fabulous 'Witches in the Workhouse' Halloween Family Fun event. For more info on this, follow this link: http://www.events.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/public_events.aspx?id=515

My job is to be inappropriate, shriek, cackle, and cause havoc. A role for which I have been researching and practicing for the last 38 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment