Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Handbags and Gladrags

Thankfully, the parking at Hempnall WAS less stressful. The Old Catton representatives had apparently been very impressed by my driving ability when I reversed out of their carpark on Wednesday- oh! The irony! Such undeserving praise, about the woman who cries at big junctions and needs a satnav to find her way out of the house.

The talk was well received, in spite of the Old Catton members having already seen it earlier in the week. This time it was a county-wide meeting, so before my talk we got fed a lovely meal of baked potatoes (Queenie's first!) with all the trimmings, followed by apple crumble and custard.

Hempnall village hall was warm and cosy. I did think I may have spotted a few drooping eyelids in my audience (!)- but I'll put that down to full tummies, room temperature and comfy seating...
In any case, lots of people asked questions about Queen Liz- including one about whether she preferred men or women (yes, in that way)*- and took my card for future bookings. They all also showed a lot of interest in my up and coming Queen Victoria talks. The organisers even plugged my Upper Octave concert in aid of the WI at Swaffham church on 2nd April!

Then it was back home to scrape off the fake tooth decay and vile white make-up. All in a day's work for a 16th Century Queenie.

* I've no idea, in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment