Thursday, 5 August 2010

Busy Lizzie

Queenie has been most diverted since the last blog. Firstly, our pc has gone plunk so I haven't been able to update this blog. Secondly I've been excessively busy- in spite of (or perhaps because of)it being the school holidays, mum's taxi service has been running overtime.

But of course, I have been working. After King's Lynn I spent two days Outreaching with the excellent Fred White, combining Tudor inspired craft activities with some Queenying, first in Shouldham and then in Hunstanton.

Since my superb coverage in the local paper the phone has been ringing off the hook with Queenie work for next year; and one person even already wants to book in the new 'Queenie', Victoria. Please don't mention that the costume for Vicky isn't even begun yet!

I also owe a debt of enormous thanks to Interested Party* who organised a meeting with Hilary Davidson, curator of textiles at the Museum of London this week. I got up close and personal with lots of 450 year old embroidery AND an Elizabeth I costume created by Jean Hunnisett for Glenda Jackson in the BBC tv series. I felt like a feline let loose in a bag of catnip.

*Male, 50, very good at determining what makes a good school trip for his missus.

No comments:

Post a Comment