Sunday, 13 June 2010

A picture tells a thousand words- and more


Yesterday I went to the National Portrait Gallery where I bought this CD, which I intend to play in the background during my Queenie sessions.

I was also lucky enough to get up close to the wonderful portraits of Her Maj held in the Tudor Gallery. The Armada portrait wasn't on display but a helpful lady gave me details of how one can arrange for a private viewing- much more in keeping with Queen Liz, I feel.

They are also currently showing an exhibition on images of Lady Jane Grey which tells us the various ways in which we don't know what she looked like, but it was very useful for me, with my Jane Grey/ Jane Seymour amnesia problem.

I finished off by having a play on their portrait image database and printed off a splendid copy of Elizabeths signature. And all for free! A super time had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment